A Different Approach for Effective Employee Appreciation
Employee award and appreciation programs are at the core of most employee engagement efforts. Yet many traditional programs fall flat.
The YouEarnedIt Employee Experience platform is different. Our organic, employee-focused approach automatically boosts the effectiveness of your employee award and appreciation programs. Our customers:
- Build employee participation in corporate programs (including recognition!)
- See increased employee engagement
- Cut hours of employee award and appreciation program management
- Automate service awards programs
- Unify culture by linking staff appreciation and employee recognition awards to company core values
- Get actionable insights on how to improve culture
It takes a combination of recognition, meaningful rewards, and actionable insights to make employee award and appreciation programs effective. Employees have to want to use them. And they have to be easy to administer.
The YouEarnedIt platform is the key to unlocking employee award and appreciation programs’ effectiveness.
Employee Appreciation Programs: Integrating Staff AppreciationThe YouEarnedIt employee experience platform makes staff appreciation an integral part of your company culture.
Gone are the days of the ineffective drawer of untrackable gift cards or employee appreciation plaques. Instead, your employee award and appreciation programs become more organic.
- Real-time, peer-to-peer recognition builds staff appreciation into your everyday workflow.
- Choosing from a variety of meaningful employee rewards makes each reward matter.
- The real-time social feed gives a 360-degree view of your employees’ great work, and builds platform engagement.
- Everyone from a peer to senior management can see what’s happening across the company.
Employee Recognition Awards
Standalone employee recognition awards can become demotivating. They take a lot of effort to coordinate. When an employee gets an ‘employee of the month’ award with no understanding of why they received it, it may not resonate. Whoever didn’t get it may feel left out.
Employee recognition awards can be so much more. When tied to core values and reinforced with daily recognition, they play a key role in effective employee award and appreciation programs. YouEarnedIt’s Awards and Nomination feature gives employee award and appreciation programs more impact with less effort.
- Administrators can easily and automatically set upvotes for an award.
- Nominations and voting are automatically handled through the platform.
- Each nomination or vote is tied to a core value or explanation for why the employee should receive the award.
This approach, complemented by daily recognition, reinforces the value of appreciation and offers deeper meaning for employee recognition awards.Tips for Employee Appreciation Ideaschevron_right
Automating Your Service Awards Program
Celebrating key milestones and years of service sends an important message. Nearly all employee award and appreciation programs include service awards programs.
Yet these are ripe for innovation. Administrators often manually track key milestones and have to set up some process for celebration: a cake in the break room, a plaque or a substantial cash reward. Not every one of these will resonate with every employee.
YouEarnedIt can automate and amplify service award programs:
- Anniversaries are automatically programmed into the platform.
- Admins can set an automatic point gift that an employee can trade for a meaningful reward of their choice.
- Each anniversary is highlighted, so other employees can congratulate and celebrate their coworker through the platform.
With the YouEarnedIt approach, service awards programs can automatically offer meaningful recognition and celebration that encourages employee. And isn’t that what they’re intended to offer?
Unifying Culture through Effective Employee Award Programs
In today’s world of dispersed offices, mergers, remote workers, and distributed teams – it’s never been easier to develop siloed mini-cultures.
Make no mistake, siloed cultures are inefficient, expensive cultures. Groups don’t share resources. The customer experience can vary from group to group. Employees who are disappointed with politics may leave.
There’s a better way. Building cross-departmental, values-based recognition into employee award and recognition programs enables unified culture.
YouEarnedIt enables this every day. Each piece of YouEarnedIt recognition is tied to a company core value. This reinforces each value and enables administrators to track how each value is resonating.
Effective Employee Awards and Appreciation Programs: Employee Engagement
Employee engagement is ultimately the goal of most employee awards and appreciation programs. Engaged employees stay in their jobs longer, are more productive, offer a better customer experience, and perform better on key company metrics like safety and attendance.
Effective employee awards and appreciation programs build employee engagement.
How do they do this? Mostly by focusing on creating a high-quality employee experience that invites employees to engage.
This experience is determined by the four pillars: connection, appreciation, meaning and impact. The more that an employee gets these pillars at work – the more engaged they will be.
The YouEarnedIt employee experience platform is designed to go beyond the approaches of traditional employee awards and appreciation programs. It organically builds these four pillars into company culture.
It delivers proven results. YouEarnedIt hired a third-party research firm to test the ROI of its employee experience platform. Of the surveyed customers, 100% saw an increase in employee engagement after launching the platform.
Register for a demonstration today and see how you can use YouEarnedIt to build effective employee awards and appreciation programs.